To give you information about Jane Austen in general would be, I guess, a little superfluous. Instead, I’ll link you to my favourite Austen blog, my favourite Austen book, a Jane Austen action figure (!), and the beautiful portrait that was in the news a lot recently.
- Laudanum, and its many uses
- Female hysteria
- Victorian cooking: upperclass dinner (3/4)
- An eye-witness account of daily life in the 19th century (sponsored post)
- 19th century tattoos?
- Demi-mondaines and the Demimonde
- Guest post: The Influence of Victorian Fashion on Modern Day Clothing
- Evolution of dinner times.
- Victorian cooking (2/4)
- Victorian cooking & kitchens (1/4)
tags19th century 19th century kitchens 1870s 1880s architecture art arthur rackham art nouveau austen bbc beauty beethoven bleak house book book illustrations books bustle skirt byron Caspar David Friedrich circus dickens Dickens museum dinner england fairytales fashion fashion plates fashion prints flowers fun facts gardening germany hair history horta immortal beloved japanese prints jugendstil keats laudanum lazy blogging Leighton house literature London museums lord byron louis le prince ludwig ludwig von beethoven menswear movie review movies nineteenth century opium oscar wilde pictures poetry prince puckler reading review roundhay garden sense and sensibility shelley Sir John Soane's house Tennyson the lady of shalott travel literature victorian victorian cooking victorian era victorian fashion victorian literature victorian recipes wuthering heights
Follow the RSS Feed