Posts by Basje :
September 9, 2012 The Twelve Rooms of the Nile by Enid Shomer
August 11, 2012 A Menu from the early 19th century
August 4, 2012 … And the girls who love them
July 21, 2012 Fern hunting
July 14, 2012 Are you looking for a job… in 1830??
July 7, 2012 “They want the pension Keats”
June 24, 2012 The Alte Nationalgalerie in Berlin
- Laudanum, and its many uses
- An eye-witness account of daily life in the 19th century (sponsored post)
- Victorian cooking: upperclass dinner (3/4)
- Female hysteria
- 19th century tattoos?
- Guest post: The Influence of Victorian Fashion on Modern Day Clothing
- A Menu from the early 19th century
- Victor Horta, architect of the Art Nouveau
- Demi-mondaines and the Demimonde
- Investigators, detectives, p.i.'s...
tags19th century 19th century kitchens 1870s 1880s architecture art arthur rackham art nouveau austen bbc beauty beethoven bleak house book book illustrations books bustle skirt byron Caspar David Friedrich circus dickens Dickens museum dinner england fairytales fashion fashion plates fashion prints flowers fun facts gardening germany hair history horta immortal beloved japanese prints jugendstil keats laudanum lazy blogging Leighton house literature London museums lord byron louis le prince ludwig ludwig von beethoven menswear movie review movies nineteenth century opium oscar wilde pictures poetry prince puckler reading review roundhay garden sense and sensibility shelley Sir John Soane's house Tennyson the lady of shalott travel literature victorian victorian cooking victorian era victorian fashion victorian literature victorian recipes wuthering heights
Follow the RSS Feed